Happy Music Therapy Month from Find Your Voice Music Therapy!
This month Certified Music Therapists, music therapy students/ interns, researchers, allied healthcare professionals, and music therapy advocates across Canada will be actively educating and promoting music therapy.
You may be wondering how you can get involved in Katarokwi/ Kingston, ON, K’jipuktuk/ Halifax, NS or Turtle Island/ Canada communities?
1. Over the month of March Find Your Voice Music Therapy will be posting research, articles, quotes, and facts about music therapy. You can start by passing on our website, Facebook, and Instagram pages to your family/ friends and like, share, or re-tweet any of our posts.
- Learn more at our Website: findyourvoicemusictherapy.com
- Like us on Facebook: Find Your Voice Music Therapy
- Follow us on Instagram: @findyourvoicemusictherapy
2. You may have a personal music therapy experience. By sharing it with the Find Your Voice Music Therapy team, a loved one, family, friend or community member you’re enriching their knowledge about music therapy. Who knows, you may be informing them of a type of therapy that could be useful to them or someone they know!
3. Book Find Your Voice Music Therapy for a presentation or workshop at your facility, or organization to learn about the health and wellness benefits of music therapy.
4. Find Your Voice Music Therapy’s Gift of Music Sponsorship program provides financial support to those individuals from low income households, those who are unemployed/underemployed, or uninsured/underinsured as well as facilities who have low health programming budgets in the Katarokwi/ Kingston, ON and K’jipuktuk/ Halifax, NS communities. Give the Gift of Music Therapy today by going to our website- http://findyourvoicemusictherapy.com/gift-of-music-therapy/
5. Donate to the Canadian Music Therapy Trust Fund at http://www.musictherapytrust.net/. All donations go directly to supporting music therapy programs across Canada so music therapy is able to reach more people in our communities.
Kingston and Halifax, thank you for the support of one of your local businesses, especially during music therapy month! We are so grateful for your contributions to music therapy in our community in and March, and year round!!
Mackenzie Costron, BMT, MTA, RCT
Owner and Founder of Find Your Voice Music Therapy
Certified Music Therapist and Registered Counselling Therapist
1-800-827-3120 ext. 101