2021 marks the 7th year that Find Your Voice Music Therapy has honoured Music Therapy Month and we are in pure celebratory joy, singing from the rooftops!
The greatest highlight over these years has been the privilege of providing music therapy to our communities in Katarokwi/ Kingston, ON, K’jipuktuk/ Halifax, NS and now all across Turtle Island/ Canada through virtual technology. We are pleased to be in connection with you! To be of service in creating a container for your learning, health, wellness, therapeutic, and medical goals has been a gift.
This month Certified Music Therapists, music therapy students, interns, researchers, allied healthcare professionals, and music therapy advocates across Canada will be actively educating and promoting music therapy.
Music Heals shares, “started by the Canadian Association of Music Therapists (CAMT) in April, 1999, Music Therapy Month brought a renewed vibrancy and sense of nationalism to music therapists by bringing the country together for a unified mission: to teach the world about music therapy. Nowadays, music therapists and their community use the month to advocate, celebrate and cultivate music therapy to communities across the nation and the world.”
You may be wondering how you can get involved in the Katarokwi/ Kingston, ON, K’jipuktuk/ Halifax, NS and Turtle Island/ Canadian communities.
- Book a complimentary consultation to learn more about how much therapy can support and enrich the lives of infants, children, youth, teens, adults and seniors through our personalized individual and group programs.
- Schedule Find Your Voice Music Therapy for an in person/ online presentation or workshop at your facility or organization to learn more about the health and wellness benefits of music therapy.
- Find Your Voice Music Therapy’s Gift of Music Sponsorship Program provides financial support to those individuals from low income households, those who are unemployed/underemployed, or uninsured/underinsured as well as facilities who have low health programming budgets in the Katarokwi/ Kingston, ON and K’jipuktuk/ Halifax, NS communities. For March we are earmarking our fund to go directly to our newest program Trans-Formative Voices.
- You may have a personal music therapy experience. By sharing it with a loved one, family, friend or community member you’re enriching their knowledge about music therapy. You may even be informing them of a type of therapy that could be useful to them or someone they know!
- Over the month of March Find Your Voice Music Therapy will be posting news, research, articles, quotes, and facts about music therapy. Join us on Facebook/ Instagram and invite your loved ones, friends, family and chosen family.
The Find Your Voice Music Therapy Family appreciates your support especially during music therapy month! We are so grateful for your contributions to music therapy in our community in March, and year round!
Mackenzie & The Find Your Voice Music Therapy Team