7 Years… 7 whole incredible, terrifying, uplifting, challenging, beautiful years. When June rolls around every year, I set aside time to reflect on Find Your Voice Music Therapy’s journey to date. It’s a time to look back at what has been and how it has shaped us; a time to look forward to plan where we’re heading and create strategies and intentions for the impact we want to bring.
When I reference “whole” I am looking at all parts of Find Your Voice Music Therapy’s journey. Just as we as humans look on our light and dark parts of self, FYVMT, as a living breathing entity, is filled with stories encompassing all these parts at play.
Here is the collection of notes I see when I look at the harmony that is the whole of Find Your Voice Music Therapy:
- The vulnerability and test of worthiness in listening to that voice whispering it’s desire to be of service through music therapy and counselling services
- The radiance that begins to shine when the knowledge from our mind aligns perfectly with the wisdom from our hearts
- The pain that we witness in the stories of our clients, and holding unwavering space to have their voices be heard, seen, acknowledged, validated and supported
- The honouring of the beauty in every Find Your Voice Music Therapy team member and the light they bring to our work in the community.
- The sheer fear of the unknown as a pandemic turns our company upside down, and having the grit and grace to keep going
- The hope as we surround ourselves with the strength of our community: Music Therapists, Business Owners, Health and Wellness Entrepreneurs, Family, Loved Ones, Mentors, Heart Centered Leaders
- The gift and privilege to create, develop, and launch a social enterprise business stream to provide accessible support to marginalized communities. Namely in 2021 (so far) the transgender and non-binary community, seniors in isolation, and those suffering through the stigma of mental health
Development Milestones at 7 Years
“Most 7-year-olds display an unending thirst for knowledge and will have an innate curiosity and excitement about things in the world. They are natural explorers, scientists, and analysts, and often ask questions about everything from why the sky is blue to where babies come from.
At this age, they also take great pride in sharing their knowledge about things and often enjoy showing younger children skills that they themselves have mastered.
For a 7-year-old, there will be a sense of confidence at school that comes from being familiar with the ins and outs of being a student in a classroom. They will often feel a sense of pride in having achieved basic math and reading skills and may want to discuss what they learned in school with parents, friends, and caregivers.”
I see the many truths in this text from Very Well Family. As I witness the Find Your Voice Music Therapy’s team unfolding, I see such wisdom and curiosity in them. I watch them holding with confidence the skills they each bring to table through both their training as Certified Music Therapists and the accumulation of their life experiences.
Magic and Power in the Number 7
The seven wonders of the world, seven deadly sins, seven days of the week, seven day creation stories, seven colours in the rainbow, seven days of the feast of Passover, seven chakras, seven classical planets… Need we say more?
Psychology Today lists Seven Reasons We are Captivated by the Number 7:
- It has been significant since ancient times.
- It has had significance in almost every major religion.
- It is associated with luck and magical properties.
- It matches our memory capacity.
- It fits our attention spans.
- It is a prime number.
- It is the most popular number.
We’re overjoyed to be turning 7 this month! It’s been a special and powerful 7 years to say the least. We are collectively excited to listen, learn and grow alongside each other. To lead with love as we care for our clients through our services. In this excitement, learning from your stories, we share why and how we are here to help.
Here’s to the journey ahead in love, light, hope, grace, joy and music! We are grateful for each and every one of you being a part of the Find Your Voice Music Therapy family.
Mackenzie & The Find Your Voice Music Therapy Team