2023 Sub-Contractor Position: K'jipuktuk/ Halifax, NS
We are looking for a passionate Music Therapist interested in working in a collaborative environment, with an interest in music therapy awareness, advocacy, and accessibility. As well as a commitment to practices of unlearning (as required) in areas of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Part-time Sub-Contractor, with opportunities to grow case load
- Location of Services: Halifax Regional Municipality and Virtually across Turtle Island/ Canada
- Preferred Start Date: August 1st, 2023
- Bachelor or Masters Music Therapy Degree
- Certified Music Therapist- MTA/ MT-BC
- Registered Counselling Therapist/ Registered Psychotherapist/ Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) - considered an asset
- CAMT Member in Good Standing
- Access to Vehicle with Car Insurance
- Access to Music Therapy Supplies
Compensation: to be discussed
Company Client Populations
- Prenatal Women
- Neurodiverse Folks such as Autism and ADHD
- Mental Health such as Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Depression
- Transgender and Non-Binary Folks
- Acquired Brain Injury and Stroke Victims
- Hearing, Speech and Language Impairment
- Movement Disorders: Multiple Sclerosis, Huntington’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease
- Geriatrics: Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Grief, Loss and Bereavement
With opportunity for growth depending on therapist’s clinical areas of interest and speciality.
Please send Mackenzie (she/her) Owner and Founder of Find Your Voice Music Therapy your application. We ask that this includes cover letter, curriculum vitae, and 2 reference letters (at least one from a Certified Music Therapist) by June 18th, 2023.
From here an interview then be scheduled with 2-3 members of the Find Your Voice Music Therapy team along with demonstrating proficiency with piano, guitar, and singing skills.
If you have any questions or are interested in an opportunity with us outside the noted application deadline, please get in touch with us!
Mackenzie Costron, BMT, MTA, RCT
Owner and Founder of Find Your Voice Music Therapy
1-800-827-3120 ext. 103